Friday, July 24, 2009

Project- Grass Roots

Well some of you know that I have a 89 S13 that I'm working on. It's been a 4 month project so far and progress has seriously slowed down. I have everything in and ready to go...but it won't run.sigh. It tries to but it fires up all speratic and dies.
Anyways before I get into more detail and pics. I'd like to share what my inspiration was to start the 240 project.

This was about three years ago. I have always liked the S-chassis but was never

serious about getting one. I loved to watch drifting but never have done it myself.

One day I was driving around and I spot this 89 240sx in the parking lot of
Murrays. It was the most legit thing I have ever seen in my town. It was not done like an over exaggerated drift car wannabe. It was low. It was red. It had an Origin 3 piece deck spoiler. It had a Origin roof wing, Sexy style rear valance, Origin stylish sides, and an exhaust. I couldn't help but wonder who in Joliet has this kind of style because I didn't know him. Most cars in my town are all jacked up. I'm pretty sure you know the typical ricer stereo type. I was intrigued. Every other day I would always see it parked at the same spot. And everyday I would wonder even more about who the person is behind the car.
About 5 months pass, by I was working at autozone at the time, and my work tells me we are getting new people in.
So we hired a new guy.So I thought huh, just another new guy, another fag gear head huh.I go to work and I see the car. THE Car. The one I was thinking about so much. Now I was thinking, "wow...we finally have another guy that knows his shit about cars. Hmm I guess he can't be a faggot. Can't wait to meet this guy." I go in and I see this pale, tall skinny dude with thin frames on his long, squared jaw, skinny face. "This can't be the guy that owns that S13?". Wow I wasn't expecting some skinny white looking dude with glasses. Later I found out he was the owner and he wasn't white. He was a Mexican that spoke perfect English and Spanish. I was surprised by that too.

His name was Edgar and he was a really dope guy. Funny also, very funny. He was into drifting and cars in general just like I was. He would tell me stories about trends in Japan and name all sorts of wheels that were made from Japan. He knew a lot about the Chicago drifting scene. It was inspiring to hear all that, all that I didn't know that was happening so close to me. I felt pretty honored to know a guy that knows as much as him about S-Chassis'.

More time goes by and Edgar ends up leaving Autozone. He had so many car related issues through out his stint there I wasn't surprised he left. Once he left, I couldn't stop thinking about the S-Chassis'.


Here are the pictures of that car.




Now on to my project. This car is going to be simple. No SR swap or mad power, just enough power. Just a single slammer.The single slammer philosophy. I am not a highly skilled driver that can control an SR. NO. I want to polish my skills and start from the single slammer and up. The base.







No comments:

Post a Comment